Permanent Staff Positions Open
Marketing & Communications Manager Part-time up to 24 hrs/wk
Starting rate based on years of relevant experience.
- Collaborate with the CEO to develop and implement communications strategies
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, website and various social media
- Oversee the development of external and internal written communications as needed
- Create and implement plans to leverage public policy issues
- Identify news story opportunities and prepare news releases as appropriate
- Put communications vehicles in place to create awareness of OCF services
- Mentor and supervise service members and volunteers assigned to department
- Coordinate webpage maintenance—ensure posting of new and consistent content
- Identify and implement strategies to increase donations from various sectors
- Track and measure the level of engagement to various marketing strategies
- Manage media contacts
- Develop pubic service announcements and identify PSA opportunities
- Oversee the development of OCF’s annual report
- 4-year college degree
- 2+ years of full-time professional marketing experience
- Ability to transform knowledge into exciting and useful messages, and has the skills to disseminate these to the right audiences through the best channels.
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills (must provide examples)
- Has track record planning and managing various key initiatives concurrently
- Possesses high energy, maturity, and leadership ability
- Works collaboratively with a diversity of cultures and backgrounds including staff, service members, volunteers, donors, and program participants.
- Is a proven self-starter, able to work independently, and committed to excellence.
Marketing (as above) & Fund Development Manager Full-time with benefits
Additional responsibilities/qualifications for fund development responsibilities:
- 2+ years of nonprofit fund development experience with proven track record
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills (PLEASE provide examples)
- Experience with corporate and foundation proposal writing
- Knowledge of social media platform fundraising
- Knowledge of membership fund development
- Experience with fund development data tracking
- Excellent computer skills- Microsoft Office Suite
www.ourcityforest.org 1590 Las Plumas Ave. • San José, CA • 95133
Volunteer & Outreach Programs Manager
- Report directly to CEO
- Train and supervise 6+ members of 28-member AmeriCorps service team
- Develop/enhance and manage OCF’s volunteer program including recruitment, screening, training, support and recognition activities
- Develop and manage hands-on outreach and community education programs including tabling, workshops, speaking, presentation activities
- Oversee development/implementation of a citywide tree tour program
- Plan and oversee volunteer appreciation events
- Evaluate existing training and outreach materials and develop new content
- Collaborate with staff team to assure consistency and optimal coordination
- Oversee related data entry and prepare monthly activity reports
- Provide data and information as needed for related grant opportunities
- 4-year college degree
- 1+ years management experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting
- Excellent writing, speaking and editing skills
- Self-initiates solutions to challenges and introducing improvements
- Easily able to track multiple activities and meet goals
- Works well in team settings
- Proficient in Mac Office Suite and database
- Knowledge of various social media platforms
- 1+ years volunteer program management experience highly desirable
- Experience as a volunteer desirable
- Bilingual in English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese desirable
Salary negotiable based on experience.
This is a full-time position with health benefits.
Grow With Us at Our City Forest!
Our City Forest is looking for individuals with:
Interest in affecting change through community organizing
Ability to work well with diverse groups of people
Tree planting, care and ID
Filemaker Pro and Adobe Creative Suite proficient
Web design, photo and video skills
Outreach and education experience
Bilingual in Spanish or Vietnamese
Volunteer recruitment and management experience
Social media experience
Excellent customer service skills
We have 28 AmeriCorps positions open from September 2013 to August 2014.
OCF also needs qualified volunteers
(these are unpaid positions):
Translation: Must speak & write fluently; preferably Spanish, Vietnamese or Chinese BUT all others welcome & encouraged.
Tree Inventory Intern (seasonal): Ability to use and read maps; some species identification knowledge (some training will be provided); internship requires much standing & walking in summer weather, using a GPS handheld device.
Watering Assitance (seasonal): Some training & 1-month commitment required; lifting, pulling and physical exertion outdoors in warm weather; see OCF Calendar for watering events.
Nursery/Horticultural/Native Plant Specialist: